I used to be obsessed with the music group, The Mamas and the Papas.
I'd play their music endlessly, stare at their album covers, and hopelessly try to style myself after the gorgeous Michelle Phillips. My obsessions tend to be all-encompassing, which brings me to food.
My current fixation is this carrot spaghetti. I made it one night when my fridge was near empty, and I wanted something quick, easy, and full of vegetables. It was so scrumptious, and it has become my new go-to meal.
After posting about it in one of my recent 'What I Ate Wednesdays', a few of you expressed an interest in the recipe, so here it is in all its delicious glory!
Easy Carrot Spaghetti
- 2 t. olive oil
- 2 T. shallot or onion chopped fine
- 1 c. mushrooms chopped
- ¼ t. sea salt
- ¾ t. dried basil
- black pepper to taste
- 3 large carrots ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- ¾ c. marinara sauce see the link below for my favorite
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the shallot or onion and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, basil, and pepper, and cook 5-6 minutes until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add in the carrot ribbons and saute for one minute.
- Stir in the sauce, and let everything cook for 6-8 minutes until 'noodles' are done to your liking.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!
I like to use my Easy and Healthy Pizza Sauce in this, but you can use whatever sauce is your favorite.
Though I own a vegetable spiralizer, I use this vegetable peeler to make ribbons out of my carrots. I like to cook my carrots closer to five or six minutes so that they retain an 'al dente' bite, as opposed to being on the mushy side.
Though the Mamas and the Papas have found their way into my cranial archives, this spaghetti is sure to be around for a long time to come!
What have you ever been obsessed with?
Aside from the popular 60s quartet, I've also been crazy for Picasso, empire waist dresses, and crossword puzzles.