No-Bake Pumpkin Peanut Butter Bites - Only six ingredients needed to make these quick and easy treats!
We had some company last weekend in the form of my husband's brother and his two tots.
Of course, all of our friends and family have little girls, so my son Sammy often feels left out. This time, though, he bonded with my brother-in-law's oldest, making for a very happy time!
I knew the kids would all get hungry at some point, so I decided to make a quick, no-bake treat.
After just kind of throwing together a few ingredients we had on hand (namely, oats, peanut butter, and a can of pumpkin on it's way to being moldy), I made today's scrumptious pumpkin peanut butter bites!
The kids devoured them, so I had to make a second batch for measuring for the blog.
I added in a modest, but ample, amount of honey for sweetness and only used a dash or so of pumpkin pie spice, as kids generally like their flavors more simple.
If you're a big spice fan, you could up the amount as you like.
Try these bites, especially if you have kids or a little leftover pumpkin!
If you're in the mood for pumpkin, try some of these recipes!
Low Sugar Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bites
- 1 ½ cups rolled or quick oats
- ½ cup natural peanut butter salted
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- few dashes sea salt you may need more if your peanut butter is unsalted
- few dashes pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Add oats to a food processor and process until they are broken down into a 'meal' consistency.
- Add in remaining ingredients and process until everything comes together.
- Taste for salt and spice at this point to see if you want to add more!
- Roll into about 10 balls and enjoy!
I use a runny honey for these, so if you're using a thicker honey, you may need a teaspoon or so of water.
If you'd like to lower the sugar content, use an equal amount of applesauce for each tablespoon of honey you omit, and add in a few drops of stevia instead.
Some of the items I use to make this recipe include:
Shared with: Sundays on Silverado
Leave a Reply